- In a Pickle and Looking for a New Summer Activity? July 8, 2022Continue Reading
Try Pickleball, the Country’s Fastest-Growing Sport
Tired of the same ‘ole routine every summer but find yourself in a pickle and looking for a new summer activity? Well, according to American Council on Exercise (ACE), you might want to consider pickleball.
As everyone from your next-door neighbor to ACE will attest, pickleball is extraordinarily ...
- Tips for Safe Summer Fun July 8, 2022Continue Reading
Stay Safe with Sunscreen, Sunglasses and Plenty of Water
The longer, sunshine filled days of summer are upon us and without a doubt, they are one of life’s unrivaled joys, especially when you protect yourself from the powerful impact of ultraviolet rays. With that in mind, we share our tips for safe summer fun; ...
- Summer Fruits and Veggies July 8, 2022Continue Reading
Picking the Season’s Prime Produce
A seasonal bounty of fruits and vegetables is in bloom everywhere from your grocery’s fresh foods section to local farmers’ markets, and in your own backyard garden. The following is advice from experts on how to purchase summer fruits and veggies at its peak, and store them safely, until ...
- Announcing: Our Special Steamboat Springs Summer Series! July 5, 2022Continue Reading
- Exercise Is Good Medicine April 1, 2022Continue Reading
Get Up and Join the Movement
As we emerge from the doldrums of winter hibernation and COVID-19-related inertia, it’s important to remember that exercise is good medicine and there’s no ...
- What’s Keeping You Up at Night? April 1, 2022Continue Reading
Breaking the Cycle of Anxiety, Insomnia and Sleep Anxiety
A good night’s sleep does more than refresh and revitalize. It’s essential to your health, so make it a priority to understand what’s ...
- What Does BMI Really Tell Us? April 1, 2022Continue Reading
Definitive Diagnostic Tool or Part of a Greater Health Matrix?
It’s an easily understood calculation: Body Mass Index, popularly known as BMI, computes an individual’s measure ...
- In the News: Reflections on the Pandemic Published in Steamboat Pilot March 18, 2022Continue Reading
We’re delighted to share this thoughtful perspective on the pandemic penned by our team at Steamboat Springs Family Medicine. All four providers looked back at the last two years of uncertainty and adversity and discovered more than a few silver linings. To read in its entirety, CLICK HERE
You can also find the ...
- Pandemic Stress Likely Compounded by Seasonal Affective Disorder January 1, 2022Continue Reading
Coping With Sad This Winter
As we continue to weather the storm of COVID-19, seasonal affective disorder, or SAD, is once again on our radar. ...
- Color Your World with Every Hue of Fruit and Vegetable December 14, 2021Continue Reading
Eating Your Fruits and Veggies May Help Reduce the Risk of Chronic Disease
Fill your plate with a vibrant, colorful array of fruits and vegetables for a naturally ...