All Latest Health News
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s: Updates from a Leading Geriatrician October 6, 2022Continue Reading
Senior Moments Or Something More?
As Baby Boomers continue the inexorable journey deep into their senior years, preserving cognitive function understandably tops the list of worries. While Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementias are seen in just 5% of people over 65, that number jumps to 30% for people age 85 and over. Questions abound: is ...
- Nourish Body, Brain and Heart with the MIND Diet October 6, 2022Continue Reading
Mindful Eating for Your Brain
Harkening back to ancient civilizations, the concept of food as medicine represents one of today’s most cutting-edge approaches to prevention and disease management. Inspired by the intricate connection of mind and body wellness, a small, special group of diets have made their way into the mainstream offering benefits far beyond short-term ...
- In a Pickle and Looking for a New Summer Activity? July 8, 2022Continue Reading
Try Pickleball, the Country’s Fastest-Growing Sport
Tired of the same ‘ole routine every summer but find yourself in a pickle and looking for a new summer activity? Well, according to American Council on Exercise (ACE), you might want to consider pickleball.
As everyone from your next-door neighbor to ACE will attest, pickleball is extraordinarily ...
- Tips for Safe Summer Fun July 8, 2022Continue Reading
Stay Safe with Sunscreen, Sunglasses and Plenty of Water
The longer, sunshine filled days of summer are upon us and without a doubt, they are one of life’s unrivaled joys, especially when you protect yourself from the powerful impact of ultraviolet rays. With that in mind, we share our tips for safe summer fun; ...
- Summer Fruits and Veggies July 8, 2022Continue Reading
Picking the Season’s Prime Produce
A seasonal bounty of fruits and vegetables is in bloom everywhere from your grocery’s fresh foods section to local farmers’ markets, and in your own backyard garden. The following is advice from experts on how to purchase summer fruits and veggies at its peak, and store them safely, until ...
- Announcing: Our Special Steamboat Springs Summer Series! July 5, 2022Continue Reading
- Exercise Is Good Medicine April 1, 2022Continue Reading
Get Up and Join the Movement
As we emerge from the doldrums of winter hibernation and COVID-19-related inertia, it’s important to remember that exercise is good medicine and there’s ...
- What’s Keeping You Up at Night? April 1, 2022Continue Reading
Breaking the Cycle of Anxiety, Insomnia and Sleep Anxiety
A good night’s sleep does more than refresh and revitalize. It’s essential to your health, so make it a priority to ...
- What Does BMI Really Tell Us? April 1, 2022Continue Reading
Definitive Diagnostic Tool or Part of a Greater Health Matrix?
It’s an easily understood calculation: Body Mass Index, popularly known as BMI, computes an individual’s ...
- In the News: Reflections on the Pandemic Published in Steamboat Pilot March 18, 2022Continue Reading
We’re delighted to share this thoughtful perspective on the pandemic penned by our team at Steamboat Springs Family Medicine. All four providers looked back at the last two years of uncertainty and adversity and discovered more than a few silver linings. To read in its entirety, CLICK HERE
You can also find the ...